As previously mentioned in my About Me article, I am passionate about preserving memories in order to keep them special for many years to come. This website was founded in order to assist others who do not have the time or skills to preserve their memories with scrapbook albums. This article will address those who may be short on time. It outlines my custom scrapbook service offered through this website.
The Importance of Preserving Memories
During my childhood, I was always curious about the past of my family members: my grandmothers, grandfathers, mother, father, etc. I would ask to see how they looked when they were younger and a million other questions about how things were when they were younger. Unfortunately, there were very few pictures to show me and my family had issues with remembering the specifics of the pictures as timed passed. This left me little access to my heritage through my family.
Scrapbook albums are a way to remedy what happened to me as a child. It is a way to organize, archive and write down the specifics of all the events in your life which creates a wonderful record for your family and descendants for years to come. This is why preserving memories is so important. Your family deserves to have access to the heritage they come from.
What is the Process?
The process I use is simple, and you may be a part of it every step of the way. It is as follows.
- Go to my “Custom Scrapbook Albums” page on this website to get all the specific details.
- Once you decide that you want to take advantage of my services, contact me to schedule your free consultation via email.
- Your consultation can take place using Skype, phone, email or in person if you are in the Springfield, MO area. We will discuss what you want your scrapbook album to be like. This includes color, theme, size and many other options which I will discus in this post.
- After I have all the details for your project, you will be given an estimate and a contract with the details of our agreement for your project.
- You will send me your photos, any memorabilia you may want to include, the signed contract and a 50% down payment of the original estimate.
- I will deposit your down payment once I receive it and create a more precise estimate while I wait for the down payment to clear. This second estimate will be based on the exact number of pictures you want to preserve. You will be informed of any price changes at this point.”
- Your project will be started as soon as your down payment has cleared, and I have received your contract, pictures, memorabilia and journal entries. I will complete the first 3 pages and make them available to you for any necessary changes and approval. If you do not respond within 24 hours, I will assume that you approve of the pages and continue to work on your project.
- After you approve the first 3 pages, I will continue to work on your project and make completed pages available to you 6 pages at a time. You will suggest any changes you would like to be made and approve the pages before I continue working on the scrapbook. I will contact you with any questions I have via email or phone, and you may contact me if you have any questions.
- When the project is complete, you will pay your remaining balance. I will wait for the payment to clear and ship your custom scrapbook albums to you via USPS. Your package will be insured by USPS. Should anything happen to your package, you can receive the full value of your package through USPS.
- Enjoy and share your finished album with family and friends for years to come.
I bet you are curious how much this all will cost you. The answer to this question is completely up to you. Pricing varies depending on what you choose to include in your albums. I offer many options so that I can meet your specific needs and personality. Before I tell you how to get more details on the cost, I would like to make sure we are all on the same page with understanding what different words mean in scrapbook language.
Understanding the Language
Here are a few definitions that will help you better understand your options which will be discussed next.
- Captions are the who, what, where and when of the pictures being archived.
- An embellishment is anything used to enhance the appearance of a scrapbook. This can be made from paper such as die cuts, stickers, borders etc., or it could be made from other materials such as acrylic jewels, pearls, ribbon etc.
- Journal entries includes longer and more detailed descriptions of an event, quotes, poems, lyrics, and anecdotes.
- Photo organization is used to organize your pictures into groups of pictures that will be posted on the same page in order to tell a story.
- A scrapbook page, also known as a layout, is one side of a piece of scrapbook paper. Two pages/layouts fit together in a page protector back-to-back. If the pages are located next to each other in the album, they are known as a 2-page layout and usually have the similar embellishment because they share the same theme.
Now that you are familiar with the terminology that I’ll be using, let’s talk about the different options I have to offer.
Creating Albums to Fit Your Needs and Personality
Everybody is different which is what makes each of us unique and special. The same goes for custom scrapbook albums. They vary from person to person because we each have our own unique personality, tastes, preferences, and budget. This is why I have created a variety of options for you to choose from. I want your scrapbook album to fit your personal needs and personality.
- Embellishment – I offer 3 options here: lightly embellished, moderately embellished or highly embellished.
Lightly embellished scrapbook pages will use die cuts, stickers and paper made embellishments.
Moderate embellished scrapbook pages will use the paper made embellishments used in lightly embellished pages and add a few non-paper items as well.
Highly embellished scrapbook pages will have everything a moderately embellished scrapbook page has and will add even more non-paper embellishment items.
Please note that the more embellishment that is included in your scrapbook, the more the price will reflect it.
- Size – There are 3 choices that I will mention here. They are 8” x 8”, 8½” x 11”, and 12” x 12”. These are the sizes that I keep on hand, but if there is another size that you wish to have, let me know and I will do my best to accommodate you.
Please note that you also have the option of providing your own album. In this case, I will simply ship the pages for the album to you, and you will put them in the album you have purchased. This is a great option for the budget conscious.
- Journal Entries – I can include your journal entries electronically or handwritten, or you can hand write the information into the provided spots for journal entries in the album.
- Photo Organization – I highly recommend you do this on your own because you know your pictures and events best, but if you do not have the time or wish for me to do so, I can do this for a fee.
Saving Time With Custom Scrapbook Albums
Archiving your memories in scrapbooks does not have to take a lot of your time or money. Now that we have covered the basics of what is included with my customized scrapbook album service. You can start saving time while preserving your memories by clicking on the “Customized Scrapbook Albums” page at the top of this website. This is where you will find more detailed information about the services I offer and some frequently asked questions that may help you gain a clearer understanding. So, let’s begin preserving your heritage for future generations. Go to the “Customized Scrapbook Albums” page and contact me for your free consultation.
Founder & Owner of Tru Kraft Creations